I call these my Signature muffins because this was one of my original recipes I came up with when I transitioned into a whole foods lifestyle. Paleo approved and deliciously hearty, I always kept this recipe a secret until now! It has an amazing texture especially for being gluten/grain free and will keep you full for hours. I have to admit that it’s much easier to get up early when I know I will get to indulge in one of these for breakfast. I do have to warn you that they are made predominantly from almond flour which can be quite expensive. I suggest saving this recipe for Christmas breakfast or a special brunch if you are watching your wallet.
- 1 cup ground golden flax seeds
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or butter-melted
- 6 large eggs (or 8 medium eggs)
- 1/2 cup chopped 85% chocolate bar
- Combine all dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Add melted butter or oil and mix until all the dry ingredients are wet.
- Place eggs in blender and blend until frothy.
- Add eggs to mixture and stir until well combined.
- Add chopped chocolate bar and mix.
- Let batter sit for 5-10 minutes (the batter will get thicker as the flax absorbs the oil and eggs)
- Fill 12 lined standard muffin cups.
- Bake 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes