We eat a bunch of carrots around here. At one dollar per a 2 pound bag, I try to come up with creative ways to incorporate them in my meal plan. I love these muffins! If spiced cake and carrot cake had a baby, I think it would taste like these scrumptious treasures.
These muffins are refined sugar free, gluten free, paleo approved and packed with healthy carrots! I like using coconut flour since its so cheap and require lots of eggs for moisture and structure. This recipe is probably one of the most frugal grain free baked goods I make. Almond flour can get quite expensive but coconut flour is very reasonable. If your kids don’t like eggs or carrots, this is a great way to get them to eat both!
- 6 cups of finely shredded carrots (about 12 large carrots)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup of coconut oil or butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut flour
Directions: You will need a cheese grater or food processor with a fine shredder option.
- Peel and shred carrots (make sure you use the fine shred side. A larger shred changes the texture of the muffins.)
- Add eggs, melted oil/butter, honey
- Add everything else and mix well.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of mixture in lined standard 12 cup muffin pan. Or 1/2 cup in 6 cup jumbo muffin pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 min for standard muffins, 25-30 minutes for jumbo muffins.
- Cool and serve!
This recipe makes about 20 standard muffins or 10 jumbo muffins.