Salmon patties were always one of my childhood favorites. This version is Paleo, Ketogenic and Whole 30 approved! Not to mention very easy to make with simple ingredients you probably already have. Unlike regular fish fillets and steaks, this fish dish is actually good reheated. Leftovers baby! Speaking of baby, I like to make up a bunch of these bad boys and kept them in the fridge for a quick protein option for my little ones. With there soft texture, they are great for toddlers with limited teeth. I always feel so good knowing my kids are eating something packed with protein and omega-3s!
- 3 cans (14.5 ounces) wild caught salmon (make sure the ingredients just say salmon and salt)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 garlic cloves- minced
- 3 large eggs
- 2 sprigs of green onions- chopped fine (I use kitchen scissors and cut finely)
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- sea salt and pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp cooking oil of choice
- Drain salmon and separate the bones and meat.
- Put meat in a big bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well ( I use my hands, it just works the best in this situation-give it some love!) until the eggs are absorbed throughout the mixture.
- Put oil in skillet and turn stove on to medium heat.
- Place patties on skillet and cook for about 2-3 minutes for each side or until golden brown.
These are great served with steamed broccoli, wrapped in lettuce, or topped with avocado. I love to keep canned salmon in the pantry for an easy go-to meal or a simple appetizer to take to a party or potluck!